Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Midterm & Final Proposal

Photogram of Packing Materials
Digital Negative, Van Dyke Curves on Cyanotype

Digital Negative, Cyanotype Curves on Van Dyke
Digital Negative, Salted Paper Curves on Salted Paper


Chemigram on Expired/Exposed Forte Elegance Paper
Cyanotype of Lake Yellowstone


Van Dyke of Clown Doll at the House on the Rock
 In considering the application of these practices in my practice, I am drawn to their potential application as surface. Much of my recent work has dealt with surface in one way or another, and the methods used in this class all offer new potential for surface. If possible, I'd like to attempt a series of emulsion lifts, using mordancage, exploring the surface of the prints. If the continued difficulty of finding some chemistry continues, I'll continue to explore this theme of surface, albeit through tintypes, using some older negatives of modernist buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment