Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Final project


experiment-paper

cyanotype photogram

lumen print

van dyke cyanotype curve

salt van dyke curve

cyanotype salt curve

For my final project, I want to continue my exploration between different types of materials by focusing on the relationship between material and subject. In my past work, I was mainly interested in the interaction between mediums and studied this through combining family artifacts in order to create various family narratives. Unfortunately, my collection of family mementos is disappearing, so it is time to make my own. In this project, I want to recreate 3 family photos that I would like to use in a piece, but are too precious and fragile to touch. By combining modern digital and the archaic van dyke processes, I hope to reproduce these photos so that they are more durable, but the process still matches the time they are from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment