Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Monday, July 1, 2013

alternative process post



I anticipated on exploring the interaction of chemicals of Cyaotype and VanDyke Brown combined processes, but my interest gravitated toward lumen prints over the past week. I complete the curve assignment, did a couple cyanotype photograms, and used Pictorico film in all processes. I kept going back to lumen printing, which surprised me since last year I couple seem to figure them out. I made simple photograms and chemi-grams to understand the interactions of chemicals, process order, and structure of the materials involved.
These prints launched me into my project focus:
I want to make multiple lumen prints using both photogram, chemi-gram, and pictorico negatives as image content while also cutting the paper or using multiple pieces of photo paper to construct a grid pattern and collage the completed lumen prints into one object. I have done two versions: one chemigram in a 3x3 grid cut FB paper and a 2x2 grid of 4x5 RC paper. I plan to collage and construct lumen prints and allow them to have more weight; I imagine the weight and density and possibly presence of the work be illuminated by assembling a book form, or using a  frame/matting presentation. Once the images are being laid out I am going to use the lengthy exposure time to formulate my next move and be ready to assemble after processing. I would like to accomplish 3-5 finished pieces, with at least 3 of them be new work. I would like to make this small collection of Lumen print work to add breadth in my work and continue considering after processing presentation and formatting.      


                                       

                                      





LUMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment