Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Jones Final Work





      Since it has been half a term already, I have an inkling for my final project: While I would like to experiment with large 8x10 negatives utilizing all three types of processes based on our curves work, I have to balance this with producing as much collodian work as I can.Of course the exercise demonstrated one essential for the final: the best result may not come form the expected curve. I also admire an idea that was demonstrated in the  the class of combining the van Dyke process with a cyanotype overlay. I would like to use this idea (whilst being careful about my brushes!) to produce a consistent body of smaller landscape images (4x5), with brushed borders. These negatives would be based on analog and digital production methods including pictorico, ortho litho film, and maybe a few "normal" negatives. This would also facilitate my wish to gain a better understanding of the qualities of ortho litho film for future projects. Plus, that way I can refine my coating and brushing technique. Finally, I have an inkling that these materials could be included in a book that would be partially handmade with the original prints.









No comments:

Post a Comment