Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Work Thus Far/Final Project Proposal

 
My experiments have gone pretty well.  I am very happy with different processes and learned a lot from using the different curves.  The photographs I chose for my experiments was one that I took while in Uganda.  During my trip to Africa I took over 3,800 pictures and I was very pleased with many of them.  I wanted to do something with them more meaningful then just putting them in a photo album.   I am so passionate about the places I went to and the people I met that I would love to honor them by spending some time making unique prints.  For my final I plan to make digital negatives with my photographs from that trip and using the Van Dyke Brown process to create multiple 5"x7" prints.  I collect a lot of souvenirs from the trip and wrote journal entries daily.  I plan to somehow incorporate those into the prints with a montage look.





I also have some photographs that my great grandfather took.  I would like to work on scanning some of those in and maybe making some digital negatives with those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment