Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Monday, July 2, 2012

Workflow and Final Project Proposal

Cyanotype

Salted Paper

Van Dyke
Lumens print of Papaver rhoeas

Lumens print of Ginkgo biloba

Cyanotype photogram of a velociraptor toy

Cyanotype photogram of flowering shrub

Project proposal

For my final project, I would like to pursue movement during development. Photos are captured moments in time and largely singular, so I would like to explore how movement during development impacts these captured moments. Using living organisms or natural forces (such as snails, water, wind moving the shadows of trees, etc.) I want to expose a variety of papers to create abstract images. I hope to see how the changes in light through items such as melting ice will produce images, in the same vein as Susan Derges' work.

I would also like to create a photogram catalog of plant species planted around campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment