Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Final Aspirations


When I approach photography I tend to take a more emotional thought process when considering a concept. Alongside this is also an experimental side that can take on odd manifestations. These two ways of thinking about photography is what I would like to accomplish for the final of the class. The first side is thinking about loss and loneliness. Using the conversation of a bed to create a conversation about lovers/partners and others who share a bed with us, and also what that means when that person is no longer there. I intend to use cyanotype on fabric to create the piece. For the second half that is more experimental I will be creating a series of pinhole images. The process will include; pinhole camera paper negatives, digital negatives, and then van dyke brown printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment