
I found the processes of both Lumens printing and Cyanotype very engaging. I love the directness of the process, i love my camera but it's really fun to see the object translated straight onto the paper. My favorite was the Lumens process because of what i see as endless possibilities, I can't wait to experiment more with different mediums. For this quick project I wanted to focus solely on the basic process without any extra complications, to get a grasp on how it worked before throwing in extra variables. I feel I did it well, my prints are crisp and clear. The subject matter is straight forward, i focused mainly on found flora and fauna to see how different biochemicals would react with the paper and explore a more serene style. I love this class already with just the 2 new techniques I've learned, I can't wait to see what we do next!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
VanDykeBrown- Flower, Salted Print- Landscape, Lumens/ChemoGram- Leaves
I love experimenting and figuring out these processes. for my final i had planned on mixing Cyanotype and Van Dyke but the colors reacted badly with each other. Now i'm printing double layered neg.'s on Vandyke the effect makes the figures look erie and like they are forming out of the "textured" neg. for displaying in the gallery i want to play with that idea further like the art is forming outward from the prints. i want to add collage onto the print and float a frame out from the wall. All thoughts and works in process so we'll see what actually happens.
Pin HOle

%2B2.jpg)
inverted.jpg)
SO MUCH FUN!!!
i made my other pin hole camera's out of an altoid box and a cigar box. the Altoid tin is great for on the go work, it's small but makes great images!!!


i like how you can see the papers curve in the cigar box, it adds dimension and shows "the artists hand". the altoid tin creates such depth for something that is so small and shallow.
No comments:
Post a Comment