Alternative Photographic Practices

ARTO 476 | 576
...

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Alternative Process Project

       This is the image that I’m quite satisfied while I experienced the process of lumen print. It is fascinating to observe that the transformation between an ordinary object and its reflection on the photographic paper. In order to fully get the details of those pine needles, I approximately exposed 5 hours by direct sunlight with a glass cover on the top; moreover, I chose warm tone paper to create a mysterious and earthy background to enhance the viewer’s attention toward my subject matter. Additionally, in terms of the form, I’m relatively obsessed with the circular shape; therefore, I was purposely using a simple circular shape as my foundational composition to draw viewer’s attention in order to utterly observe the inside details of the pine needles. 



Cyanotype Print:
      This series of images turn out that I really enjoy even it is an experiment. Originally, it is 4 by 5 negative, and I scanned and printed the negative digitally. There are two different contrast, one on the left is low contrast, on the right is normal. I kind of like them both, but left one is my favorite. It has more mid-grey or light blue than the normal one. The color of blue is one of my favorite colors, it reminds me the color of the sky and ocean, also it can be pineapple. Moreover, it is fascinating to see the details and the texture of this series and observe how it changed through different contrast. 







No comments:

Post a Comment